Friday, August 1, 2008

Priyamani: ‘Yes, I’ve hiked my price’


Industry is rife with rumours that Priya Mani, who recently bagged the National and Filmfare awards for Paruthi Veeran, has hiked her remuneration to Rs 40 lakh. The buzz is that it’s because she’s doing a Mani Ratnam film.

“Yes, I’ve hiked my price but it’s not because I’m doing a particular film. It’s just that you can’t keep working for the same amount all through your career. And it’s only natural to up your remuneration if your movies do really well and you become a known face in the industry. I can’t quote how much I charge or give you an approximate amount for my salary. But how I wish Rs 40 lakh was true!” laughs Priya Mani.

Mani Rathnam Film
She’s excited about doing a Mani Ratnam film. “It’s a bilingual and I’m doing the Tamil version. There’s also Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Prithviraj in it. I’ve just signed the agreement and am waiting for Mani sir to make an official announcement,” she tells us.

Critics
And while the actress is thrilled about winning two prestigious awards, Tamil director Cheran has reportedly made unsavoury remarks about her — that Priya Mani didn’t deserve to win the National award. Is it because she didn’t agree to do his film? “I don’t think so. I’m sure he didn’t say that. Even if he did, it’s his personal opinion. I can’t sit him down and tell him to change it,” says the actress, dismissively.

No comments: